Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday Fun

Thanksgiving is approaching faster than I'd like at this moment & I need to clean - DESPERATELY! I don't even know the last time I cleaned. Of course we pick up everyday, run the dishwasher and at least a load of laundry but I am talking about real cleaning. I really should stay at home today & do just that but it doesn't seem fun at all. Instead we went to the movies. Ever Saturday one of our local theaters offers a free kids movies. This weeks movie was Pocahontas II, which we had never seen. Yang has never seen the first Pocahontas (which we were under the impression was playing) but none the less we had a grand time.

In Pocahontas II, Pocahontas travels to London to meet the King in hopes for peace. Of course Governor Ratcliffe is still up to no good and has lied to the King. Pocahontas has been under the impression that John Smith is dead but soon discoveries that is not the case. Ratcliffe had framed John Smith to cover his own wrong doings, and therefore John Smith has been in hiding. Does Pocahontas follow Smith? Or has she fallen in love with someone else?

When we got home I decided to do one of my most dreadful chores, clean the hamster cages. Poppy & I folded a basket of laundry, and put it away, ran the dishwasher, started a new load of laundry, swept, mopped and vacuumed.

Monday Owlet has her orthodontist check up. Afterwards, we are going to visit replicas of the Nina & Pinta before they head out again. The girls and I will watch some Christopher Columbus shows tomorrow and hopefully completing a speedy lapbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment