Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Oshawott has arrived!

We ended up skipping the tour of the replicas of The Nina and Pinta yesterday due to a bad sinus headache that I had. When Owlet & I returned from her orthodontist appointment I came home and laid down. My headache was somewhat better after my nap, but still pretty bad. Luckily when I woke up this morning it was gone.

We've decided to do very minimal work this week with Thanksgiving being Thursday. There is just so much that has to be done to prepare.

Oshawott arrived from the United Kingdom yesterday & Zuri arrived in the United Kingdom today! We are happy to have Oshawott visit with us for the next 2 months! Since Oshawott is a Pokemon from the United Kingdom he knows very little about Thanksgiving. I did warn his family that he may come home a little on the hefty side! She said no worries as he looked a little "flat" when he left! Oshawott already looks like he is at home!

Today we looked at the globe to see where Oshawott lives in the United Kingdom and we discussed the path Oshawott would have traveled to get to the United States, as well as what means of transportation he would have used.

Tomorrow we will teach Oshawott about the history of Thanksgiving, finish reading Magic Tree House Thanksgiving on Thursday, discuss what we are thankful for and perhaps do a craft or coloring page. We will start to prep for our Thanksgiving feast.

Upcoming:

Next week we will begin a lapbook on the United Kingdom and continue to work on our Human Body lapbook. December 17th I will be posting my first ever book review and e-book giveaway brought to you by Innovative Online Book Tours


No comments:

Post a Comment