Monday, November 19, 2012

Long Day

This was my post from Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012, and for whatever reason it did not post. I did not realize it until I was working on an upcoming surprise :) this morning.

Whew today was a long one! Yang woke up super early because of my alarm, and boy did I pay for it. She has been super cranky all day long.

We managed to finish up our K12 curriculum on the human body today. The book I ordered from Amazon earlier this week, Blood and Guts, will hopefully be arriving tomorrow so we can continue working on our Human Body lapbook. The girls spent a few hours taking Skeleton Steve apart & putting him back together.

Yang finished up her fluency reader this week at 56 WPM! Super stoked about that. Especially considering when we started fluency readers 3 weeks ago she started out at 11 WPM!

Yang did a little better today during OT but I really don't care for the OT's tone of voice with her, or the lagging system she uses. She asked something of Anneliese today that is clearly written into her IEP. I had to stop her & advise her of the accommodation. Clearly she has not read her IEP in full. There will definitely be a heart to heart talk after the Thanksgiving break. Will give me time to mull things over and compose my thoughts so I'm not hot headed during our talk.

Poppy is studying American History & today we began Politics, Power, and the People. We covered how Andrew Carnegie rose from poverty to become one of the world's richest men. The Homestead Strike. We were introduced to J.P. Morgan. We compared Rockefeller and Morgan in terms of their rose to power, their business practices & use of their wealth.

Monday Owlet, Poppy & I will begin reading, Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor. I true classic & one of my all time favorite books. I ordered another copy and will pick a 3rd up this weekend from the library. I'm glad I will get this time to read with Owlet as being in high school this year has been quite an adjustment. All of her classes are online and there is no real parent involvement.

I was even able to slip in a little Christmas shopping for the girls today! We bought them Where the Sidewalk Ends, A Light In the Attic, and Falling Up by Shel Silverstein.




No comments:

Post a Comment